YELLOW GUM2

"why in the world you named this bag as yellow gumgum and not dumdum?" said the curious Noah, even though he doesn't know what's the actual meaning of dumdum. he probably heard this funny words from the living wall statue who talked to Ben Stiller at night at the museum.

Well if I have to say, there's a reason why I named this gumgum and not dumdum, and of course it's because:
1. dumdum sound like dumbdumb, means stupidstupid, and this bag isn't stupid because it has no brain.
2. I named gumgum because this bag is a part of saebo's 'candy crush' bag series, means that I took all the bag names of this series from candies. this bright yellow totebag colour is like bubblegum, so I named gumgum. logical, right? hehe
3. I always picked the cute but weird names, that's my basic character. weird doesn't always mean bad, it's mostly unique. 

ok. so lets talk about this bag and what makes it so special.
first of all, look at the stitch. I made it from loop stitch which usually used for rug and doormats, but bag is also darn fine. it look like fur/fringe since it has that yarn sticking outside, and when you touch the bag, it feels like you touch a fluffy persian cat, though, of course, it's not that soft. 

I use nylon for this bag, it's strong and sturdy, and plastic canvas for the base so the bag wouldn't stretch so much. I kinda hate the stretchy bag especially at the bottom side. And FYI, I actually have several ways to get around this problem but let's talk about this later in different post.

The handle was a bit tricky to make. I use thick ropes which I wrapped with transparent masking tape to make it more sturdy. Then I crocheted around and sew it to the bag. it's not perfect since it my first attempt to make the handle, but it still look fine.
I thought this bag is only for me to stare at, but when my friend saw this bag, she forced me to sell it to her. so I happily say that this bag has already have a new home to stay at and not in my closet anymore. but somehow, I also feel a bit sad since my times with this bag was kinda too short.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.