VIDEO TUTORIAL : CASUAL CROCHET BACKPACK


First of all, kudos to all crochet gurus on Youtube for the hard work they put their long process of work into a well explained short videos. since this is my first video tutorial, i feel that its indeed HARD! the camera angle, the lights, and also TIME and dedication!

as a person who used to work without a detailed first plan; always work and think as you go, also as a mother who always have kids screaming in the back of my head (it ruined the audio n mood😓) I found that making a video was a bit hard. but let's share that struggle later so we can learn together.

This bag is for my sister. She didn't told me a specific preference, she just basically wanted a bag made by me, and that's good, I had a total freedom to choose colors, size, type of bag, etc.

my sister is a very active person, she rode motorcycle everywhere and met her friends a lot, she need something comfy. at first I thought about shoulder bag, but in the middle of the work, my mind suddenly changed, I made backpack instead.

I use embossed star stitch. gosh! I love this beautiful stitch. it has rich texture and just look so pretty. in the top side of the bag, I changed the color to dark grey, and stitch to forest stitch. the forest stitch is no much different than single crochet, its easy to work and very dense, it can hold the strap strongly.

Materials:

❥ crochet hooks (depending on your yarn size) mine use 3.00mm crochet hook
❥ polyester/nylon yarn
❥ leather for the base, cover, n strap ( i made it all myself; bought a leather and cut it, glued it, sew, and put some accessories there) should i make a tutorial for this?
scissor
❥ plastic/embroidery needle
❥ stitch marker

for steps you can watch the video below.

things I didn't mention in the video:
❥  the holes in the leather base was supposed to have 1cm wide between holes but I just made 0.5cm in the curvy sides. the reason is because I used to have problem there; I still lack of instinct to feel whether my stitches would be enough or not, so it wont get narrowed when i work in the next row.
❥  the stitches is supposed to be multiple 3 but i cheat there. when I work HDC in the round 1, I made 1 increase in random area to make it right as multiple 3.
❥  I work a seamless join, which i show you how in the video.
❥  i use fuji mirrorless camera and i dont know whether it's because of the camera or my memory card was too low, it always stopped in the middle.
i realize that this video is still lacking of so much things, so i'm sorry in advance for all the shortcomings I've made in the video. i hope you still can enjoy the video and learn one thing or two.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.